In an interview with ANF, PYD (Democratic Union Party) co-chair Saleh Moslem made important statements on the present situation in Kobanê, the details of the meeting with Turkish authorities in Istanbul, and the Kobanê decision of France.
Moslem said he had a meeting with the Turkish authorities last week in Istanbul and added: “The Turkish authorities promised us that they would help to Kobanê. But they don’t keep their promise despite all our insistence”.
Stressing that it is only the Kurdish forces effectively fighting the ISIS gangs in the Middle East, the PYD co-chair emphasised that they welcome the decision of France to help Kobanê. Müslim also stressed that the attacks on Kobanê are aimed at the will of Kurds, and greeted the Kurdish people rising up for Kobanê in North Kurdistan and Europe. Read more
It is clear that Turkey does not intend to support the Kurds in their battles with ISIS, and it is also clear that other western countries are pandering to Turkey by not supplying the Kurds with what they need to resist the ISIS attacks and protect their people. History repeats itself with Kurds as the political football … wake up world, where is your humanity, where are your priorites! Read more
Call from Kobane: Thousands of civilian in Kobane are under threat of massacre!!
Now it is time to act and avoid a big massacre about to happen in Kobane!
The terrorist organization IS are unfortunately advancing in to the city of Kobane in Western Kurdistan (Northern Syria). They have already entered some districts of the city.
The Kurdish defence forces, YPG are heroically defending the city and civilians against the IS attacks, with very limited weapons and no technical support against IS advanced weapons. The weapons they have are not effective against the heavy weapons that IS has confiscated from Iraq’s regular army. Read more
On the evening of 1 October 2014, ISIS gangs have launched an intense attack, aiming to take over the the city centre of Kobane, in Western Kurdistan (Syria) from west, south and east fronts. With the help of heavy artillery and tanks, ISIS gangs have advanced their way near Kobane city, especially from South front. The attacks, started 15th September, are now at most dangerous stage! Read more
Firat News: Muslim: Kobanê will triumph
PYD Co-President Salih Muslim, in Copenhagen for diplomatic meetings, said Kobanê, which is resisting attacks by ISIS gangs, would achieve victory. Muslim was speaking at an event organised by FEY-KURD, at which he assessed recent developments.
Over a thousand people from Kurdistan attended last night’s meeting in Copenhagen. Salih Muslim said the model of democratic autonomy established in Rojava discomfited dominant forces with interests in the region, which is the reason ISIS attacks have been intensified.
Muslim added this was not a new situation, as YPG forces have been countering attacks aiming to throttle the Rojava revolution for 18 months. Read more
Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: Aleppo province: clashes took place between ISIS against Jabhat al-Nusra and Islamic battalions around Herjala village near Syria-Turkey borders in the northern countryside of ALeppo.
helicopters dropped 2 explosive barrels on Badro mount neighborhood east of Aleppo, no reports of losses.helicopters bombed areas near al-Sharq chicken store, and the bakery store in Tariq al-Bab neighborhood, what killed 3 civilians and wounded others, then number of the dead is likely to rise according to the serious injuries. Read more
Firat News: Clashes getting heavier in Kobanê
Clashes are getting heavier in the Kobanê town of West Kurdistan where recently intensified attacks by ISIS gangs, and the resistance by YPG/YPJ (People’s / Women’s Protection Units) have left 17 days behind.
ISIS gangs are launching intense attacks on the southern front while the eastern and western fronts of the canton are witnessing fierce clashes since Wednesday evening.
Clashes are reported to have intensified in the village of Helincê at the eastern front, and the region of Siftek, Mi?tenur and Radyo hill in the west. Read more
It has been reported that Ciwan Behcet, one of 3 people from Rojava who were caught by Turkish soldiers attempting to cross the border in the ?enyurt neighbourhood of the K?z?ltepe district of Mardin province on Sunday, was beaten to death and his body thrown back over the border fence into Rojava.
According to D?HA, Ciwan Behçet, Meshut ?smail and X?dvan Emin, from the village of Qerman in the Cizirê Canton of Rojava, were stopped by Turkish soldiers as they tried to cross the border to visit relatives on Sunday evening. The three were severely beaten by the soldiers and while Ciwan Behçet died, Meshut Ismail and Xdvan Emin were seriously injured. Behcet’s dead body and the two injured men were thrown across the border fence into Rojava. Read more
The refugee crisis from Kobane in Syria has revived tensions between the Turkish government and Turkish Kurds.
The Turkish government is preventing Turkish Kurds from leaving the country to fight against Islamic State in Syria.
The BBC’s Mark Lowen sent this report from Mursitpinar on the Turkish-Syria border across from Kobane. Read more