Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: Final death toll for Friday 12/10/2012. More than 180 Syrians were killed, nearly 110 were combatants. The dead include: 75 unarmed civilians (7 children), 44 rebel fighter, 2 defected soldiers, and at least 61 regime forces. 75 Unarmed Civilians:
– In Aleppo province 26 were killed. 16 civilians, including 3 children and 6 men (2 of them were unidentified), were killed by bombardment on the neighbourhoods of Bustan al-Qasr, al-Sha’ar, al-Qaseela, al-Mughayer, al-Ansari, and several other neighbourhood in the city of Aleppo. ** The corpse of a Doctor called “Mahmud Tasabihji”, head of the Aleppo University hospital, was found near the Castello building, after he was kidnapped 2 weeks earlier by unknown armed men.** 3 were shot by sniper fire in the al-Sha’ar, al-Maysar, and Bab jneen neighbourhoods. 1 was shot by regime forces in al-Akramiya. A civilian from the al-Sayed Ali neighbourhood was tortured to death after detainment by regime forces. In Reef Aleppo 4 civilians, including a child, were killed by bombardment on the Tal Ref’at town. 1 was killed due to shells falling on the Maskana town.
– In Dera’a province 4 were killed. A civilian from the Inkhel town was shot by regime forces in the Qudseyya suburb of Reef DImashq. 1 was killed by regime gunfire in Dera’a, another from the Dera’a city died of wounds he received 2 months ago. 1 was killed by regime fire in the al-Jiza town.
– In Damascus province 6 were killed. 1 was killed by security forces in the al-Tadamon neighbourhood. 5 unidentified corpses were found in the Barza neighbourhood, and it seems like they’ve been killed recently. 3 civilians, including a child, were killed by an explosion in the Yarmouk camp.
– In Deir Izzor province 3 civilians killed. 2, including a woman, were killed by bombardment on the neighbourhoods of Deir Izzor city. 1 civilian was killed by the bombardment on the town of al-Shmeietiya.
– In Hama province 7 were killed. 1 from the al-Sheiha village was tortured to death after his detainment by regime forces. 1 was killed by bombardment on the town of al-A’shrana of Reef Hama. 1 was tortured to death after being detained earlier by regime forces in the Salmiya town. 4 civilians, from the Murk town, were killed, 1 by bombardment, 1 by random gunfire, and 2 were shot by regime forces after their detainment.
– In Reef Dimashq 13 were killed. 2 were shot by a sniper in the Qudseyya suburb and the Harasta city. 1 was tortured to death after detainment by regime forces in the al-M’adamiya town. 2 men died from wounds they received morning by bombardment on the Douma city. 1 was killed by regime forces on the town of Jisreen. 7 unidentified persons were found in the towns of Kafarbatna, Darayya, Nayem and Yalda, Reef Dimashq.1
– In Homs province 4 were killed.1 was killed by bombardment on the neighbourhoods of Homs al-Qadima (Old Homs). 2 were killed by wounds they received during bombardment and gunfire the Ghanto town of Reef Homs has witnessed. An unidentified corpse was found in the Deir Ba’alba neighbourhood of Homs city.
Casualties documented from earlier days: The SOHR documented the name of a civilian who was summarily executed in one of the prisons of the Ma’arat al-N’uman city in Reef Idlib, several days ago. SOHR also documented the death of 3 rebel fighters killed by clashes in Dahiyat Qudsayya, Reef dimashq, 1 week ago.
44 Rebel Fighters:
– In Aleppo province 7 rebel fighters were killed. 5 were killed during clashes with personnels from the Air Defence militia in the al-T’ana village by the Koris military airport on the al-Raqqa-Aleppo road. 2 died of earlier wounds, 1 by sniper fire, 1 by clashes with regime forces 2 months ago.
– In Idlib province 19 fighters were killed. 1 was killed by injuries he received during clashes. 18 rebel fighters, including a rebel commander, were killed during clashes with regime forces in the Saraqeb city, Heish village, and the perimeter of M’aret al-Nu’man city.
– In Dera’a province 8 rebel fighters were killed during clashes with regime forces in the M’arba town of Reef Dera’a.
– In Deir Izzor province 5 fighters were killed. 4 rebel fighters were killed during clashes with regime forces in the Deir Izzor city. 1 rebel fighter was killed during clashes with regime forces in the Bukamal city of Reef Deir Izzor.
– In Hama province a rebel fighter from the Hama city was killed during clashes with regime forces in Saraqeb of Reef Idlib.
– In Reef Dimashq 2 rebel fighters from the al-Mleiha and Otaya town was killed during clashes with regime forces in Reef Dimashq.
– In al-Hasaka province an unidentified rebel fighter was killed during an attack on a regime forces’ patrol south of the province.
– In Homs province a rebel fighter was killed during clashes with regime forces in Reef al-Qseir.
2 defected soldiers were killed during clashes with regime forces in Reef Idlib and Deir Izzor.
No less than 61 regime forces were killed by attacks on checkpoints, patrols and by clashes in several Syrian provinces. The casualties by province: 2 in al-Hasaka, 14 Dera’a,12 Aleppo, 7 Reef Dimashq, 6 Homs, 4 Deir Izzor, and 16 in Idlib.
[local time] 22:02 The death toll in Syria rose to 104 people on Friday, Al-Jazeera quoted activists as saying.
21:55 Several people were killed and dozens injured in an explosion targeting Al-Yarmouk Palestinian refugee camp in Damascus, Al-Jazeera quoted activists as saying.
19:58 Rebels drove the much-feared Syrian security forces out of the northern city of Minbej in July, but as calm returned to the streets, so did the criminals.
19:27 Friday’s death toll in Syria has reached 76 people killed by regime forces, Al-Arabiya quoted activists as saying.
18:38 The Syrian army has suffered major setbacks in the north of the country, its resources worn down by an increasing number of battle fronts and rebel attacks, analysts say.
18:26 The Syrian plane intercepted by Turkey this week on a flight from Moscow was carrying a legal cargo of radar equipment, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Friday.
18:08 Over 60 Syrian regime forces’ war planes were destroyed by rebels in the last seven months, Al-Arabiya television reported on Friday.
18:06 On Monday, in a dungeon in the northern Syrian town of Maaret al-Naaman, soldiers from army intelligence opened fire on detainees, killing 65 of them before retreating in the face of a rebel advance.
18:03 A meeting next week of the Syrian National Council in Doha to admit new anti-regime factions into the main opposition bloc has been postponed until early November, an SNC official said on Friday.
17:15 International peace envoy Lakhdar Brahimi will travel to Turkey on Saturday for discussions on the Syrian crisis, including latest tensions between Ankara and Damascus, a diplomatic source said.
16:41 A huge blast rocked Damascus, activists said.
16:38 Saudi King Abdullah bin Abdel Aziz held talks Friday with international peace envoy Lakhdar Brahimi on ways to end the bloodletting in Syria, the official SPA news agency reported.
16:29 Friday’s death toll in Syria has risen to 51 people, most of them killed in Edleb, activists say.
16:09 Syrian regime forces shelled a demonstration in the Aleppo neighborhood of Bustan al-Qasr, killing 10, Al-Jazeera reported.
16:07 The Syrian army shelled the Homs neighborhood of Al-Khaldiyeh, activists said.
15:48 Turkey scrambled a fighter jet on Friday after a Syrian helicopter shelled the Syrian town of Azmarin near their common border, an official told AFP.
15:42 A YouTube video purportedly filmed on Friday shows anti-regime demonstrators marching through the streets of Talbissa in Homs carrying banners calling for freedom and chanting slogans saying that uprising was “for the sake of God.”
15:40 A YouTube video purportedly filmed on Friday shows an anti-regime demonstration in Daraa’s Abtaa. Protesters could be seen chanting and hailing the “Syrian revolution.”
15:37 A YouTube video purportedly filmed on Friday shows anti-regime demonstrators in Daraa’s Kherbet Ghazale chanting and carrying banners in support of the rebel Free Syrian Army.
15:35 A Youtube video purportedly filmed on Friday shows an anti-regime protest in Hasaka’s Al-Derbasiya. Children can be seen participating in the protest; anti-regime chants can also be heard.
15:34 A Youtube video purportedly filmed on Friday shows an anti-regime protest in Hama’s Kfar Zeta.
15:33 A Youtube video purportedly filmed on Friday shows jubilant anti-regime protesters chanting against the Syrian regime in Daraya.
15:28 Several protests kicked off on Friday across Syria in support of the Free Syrian Army, activists reported.
15:20 The UN refugee agency said Friday it was ready for the Syrian winter but the real problem was helping victims of the fighting within Syria itself.
14:10 S A number of people were wounded and houses were destroyed in the shelling targeting the Daraa towns of Dael, Azra and Al-Jiza, Al-Jazeera television quoted activists as saying.
14:09 A number of people were wounded in the Syrian regime’s shelling of Al-Rastan town in Homs, Al-Jazeera television reported.
13:38 Friday’s death toll in Syria has risen to 35 people, activists said.
12:54 The body of the director of the Aleppo University Hospital, Mahmoud Tsasabehji, was found near Aleppo, Al-Jazeera quoted activists as saying.
11:11 Friday’s death toll in Syria has risen to 20 people, most of them killed in Daraa and Damascus, Al-Arabiya television quoted activists as saying.
11:11 Syrian forces shelled Daraya and Masraba near Damascus injuring a number of people, Al-Jazeera quoted activists as saying.
10:13 Five bodies were found in the neighborhood of Baraza in Damascus, Al-Arabiya quoted activists as saying.
9:14 Syrian forces killed 12 people on Friday, Al-Arabiya quoted activists as saying.
7:40 The Free Syrian Army captured Syrian regime soldiers and officers near Aleppo, Al-Jazeera reported.
Syrian rebels have taken an air defence base from government forces near the embattled northern city of Aleppo, activists say.
Russia-Syria plane had ‘radar’: Russia says the Syria-bound plane intercepted by Turkey was carrying a legal cargo of radar parts – not weapons for the Syrian war effort.